Wednesday 26 August 2020

WAY out West



 We recently spent a few weeks travelling through Western Queensland. This was our first trip out west, (well for "us" as I used to work out that way.


Details about where we stayed and how far we travelled are in the link beow. we use WIKICAMPS to plan our trip, the places we stay and to allow friends to follow us. (Jealous buggers 😁).

https://wctrip.co/au/411173/258501595

Given the light, textures and starkness of the landscapes, even in winter, I decided on black and white photography, Landscapes and B&W are not something that I have dabbled in much as I have shot cityscapes (preferably at night) and wildlife in the past.

Here are three of what I consider my best from that trip.

This is in Texas on the Queensland / NSW border at a free camp used by the Grey Nomads
Just outside of Windorah is a bridge over the iconic Cooper Creek. There wasn't much water in it while we were there but that only made this majestic old gum stand out even more!
We were staying just outside of Quilpie when the clouds started to gather late in the afternoon, alas, no rain but made for a beautiful shot.

Cheers

DADFAP

No comments:

Post a Comment